VMware Cloud Community
jeffj803
Contributor
Contributor

VDP Certificates expired vulnerability scan results port 7778,7779,7781

I have results from my security team indicating that ports 7778,7779,7781 are vulnerable because the cert expired in January of 2018. I havent found any good guidance that resolves this issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I tried the solution mention here but I cannot regenerate the cert because it states that mcssl alias already exist.

https://www.virtuallypeculiar.com/2018/02/vdp-expired-mcssl-reports-7778-7779.html?showComment=15564...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

VDP is now a dead product so I don't know if there is going to be any joy in this. My advice: choose a backup application that has a future.

0 Kudos
jeffj803
Contributor
Contributor

While you are correct that VDP is on the way out, vMware is still supporting the product and released an update last month. You would think something like certificates that have been expired in excess of a year would have been included in that update or previous updates for that matter. I will not be leveraging VDP forever but in the interim this is still a problem that needs to be addressed. There should be a mechanism to update the certificate either way, I just assumed others must have encountered this issue and had a way to resolve it.

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

I assume you ran the regenerate command when you were "root" and not "admin"

I don't think admin will let you update the keystore

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos