VMware Cloud Community
Vsure
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The value for the '<Your Custom Property Name>' field should be among the permitted values.

I ran into this error in vRA 7.5 HF5 (I think it would occur in prior versions as well) and found no results online when searching.  I was able to reproduce it and resolve it so I thought I would post something here for anyone else that might run into it.

Full error message:

The deployment request failed when it was sent to the server. The data specified within the request is invalid. The value for the '<Your Custom Property Name>' field should be among the permitted values.

Environment

vRA 7.5 HF5 single node cluster with integrated vRO.

How to reproduce the error

1. Create a Custom Property definition and configure it to display as a Dropdown.

2. Set the values to "static" and add at least one value as it is required.  It doesn't matter what values you use because we are not going to use them.  I used "Misconfigured|Misconfigured".

3. Add the Property Definition to a Property Group and set View on Form to Checked

4. Add the Property group to a Blueprint and drag the Property (dropdown) to a Custom Form.

5. On the Values tab of the Custom Property (dropdown) set the Value Option to an External Resource (vRO Action).

6. Now when you submit the Blue Print you will receive the error

Resolution

Uncheck the "Vew on Form" check box in the Property Group.

Comments

I ran into this because at some point we were no longer able to set the External Resource directly in the Custom Property Definition.  When selecting the vRO Action the popup would hang at loading.  Our work around was to set the External Resource in the Custom Form (not idea for making reusable Property Definitions). 

0 Kudos
0 Replies