VMware Communities
chasster123
Contributor
Contributor

Vorkstation PRO subnets passed on to remote session workstations - NOT running VMWARE

Found an issue that I've tracked back to Nov. 2018.

Where using Bomgar is my remote access service i run VMWARE Workstation PRO 15 on my primary system.

I do NOT use VMWARE for remote access. It is installed and a few times a month i start Workstation PRO and address the issue of the day.

Problem: since Nov. 2018 it seems that each time i connect to a remote system the Sophos firewall logs show the presence of the VMWARE subnets touching the remote system (wrkstn or server).

192.168.17.x and 192.168.52.x

These subnets are industry wise assigned to Apple Xsan which was part of the confusion of searching for the source of why the subnets are reflected in the firewall log (maybe also in the remote system registry).

I also changed the VMWARE subnets and checked to see that the new IP Addresses showed up and yes, that is the case the source is truely my VMWARE installation.

Question is, why are they now showing up on the remote systems?

Why did this start in Nov. 2018 = maybe upgrade to PRO 15??

This looks like a Software BUG.

Tried calling the company support team but could not find my way past the First Line of phone call interferrance therefore I'm here in the community at this time.

0 Kudos
0 Replies