VMware Communities
ppgrande
Contributor
Contributor

VMware freeze display/mouse/keyboard on TemViewer and AnyDesk

hello vmware community

(Background: computer engineer focusing into cybersecurity and threats)

I had a desktop computer at home where I run my VM for software testing and hacking, mostly, I must admit, on VirtualBox, but some also on VMWare

Since getting used to a light windows tablet, I start to play with them remotely, connecting to my computer with TeamViewer and/or AnyDesk. That wise I can also work from university/lab computer without carry the computer weight.

That works, except for VMware, that as soon as it gets open, it freeze the display/mouse/keyboard or so no, loosing the control of the guess machine (the real one)

For example, I have successfully install AnyDesk on a Debian virtualized with VMware, minimise it, and from the tablet connect to both host and virtualized, everything goes ok, but as soon as I open the window of vmware, connection to host freeze.

There, I can only solve by:
     - remotely sacrificing the virtual machine (turning off)
     - accessing personally to the host computer and minimising the Devian window,

I presume is someting with VMware, as VirtualBox works perfectly and I can play with them trough AnyDesk on the host,

and the issue is the same with TeamViewer and Anydesk.

Any guess what can be the issue ??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hahakiki2010
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I tested this issue with Ubuntu 1604 on Teamviewer, but VMWare wasn't freezed. I used Win101809 as Host and Ubuntu 1604 as Gos for test, and the workstation version is 15.0.2.

Here is my steps:

1) Install teamviewer on Win101809 and Ubuntu 1604, and startup the teamviewer after installation

2) Use the mobile device (Android device) to connect both host and guest, the connection build up successfully

3) Open Workstation window, power on the VM, display/mouse/keyboard works normally

So may I know your test environment and detailed steps? Thanks

0 Kudos
bozoou
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I think I have a similar issue, but I'm directly controlling the mouse with PyAutoGUI.

The situation is as follows: after the mouse, controlled by PyAutoGUI, clicks on the VMware icon in the taskbar and brings up the VMware virtual machine window, immediately after that, further PyAutoGUI instructions, which should work fine, are not being executed. After that, it fails to control the mouse any further.

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advice.

0 Kudos