VMware Horizon Community
Rabbani109
Contributor
Contributor

UEM Profile Migration from windows 7 to Windows 10 (1809)

Hello,

we are in process of migrating End-Users from Windows 7 to Windows 10(1809). during the Pilot testing users have reported that they are not able to see their profile folders and files are not getting migrated. is this something known issue or am i missing something. Please help.

6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rabbani109,

What exactly do you mean with users not seeing their profile folders? What does the Group Policy configuration look like on both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 side? Can you share a UEM agent log file (at log level DEBUG)?

0 Kudos
Rabbani109
Contributor
Contributor

Hello UEMDev,

Group Policy is set to redirect folder and files from users desktop and My document to share network drive. attached are UEM Agent log.

Even when i create a new folder within Windows 10, Folder redirection is not working.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rabbani109,

Group Policy is set to redirect folder and files from users desktop and My document to share network drive

If that is indeed set through Group Policy, something isn't configured correctly. If UEM encounters redirected folders, it logs a message about that, and your log file does not contain such a message.

I did notice from your log file that you have folder redirection settings configured in UEM (as opposed to Group Policy), but those don't apply because of the conditions you've configured:

2019-04-16 15:41:36.942 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for OS Windows 7 = true

2019-04-16 15:41:36.942 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for OS Windows 10 = false (Running on Windows 7)

2019-04-16 15:41:36.942 [INFO ] Skipping folder redirection due to conditions ('Folder Redirection (Documents & Desktop).xml')

From the above, it seems that you have configured the conditions as follows:

pastedImage_7.png

However, that combination will never match. You'll have to change that AND to an OR:

pastedImage_8.png

That way, the condition will match if the UEM agent is running on Windows 7, OR when it is running on Windows 10.

Rabbani109
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to Thank you for helping me, it did resolved me that issue of folder redirection with option OR rather than AND.

Thank You Again

Rabbani109
Contributor
Contributor

UEMDev,

One quick question regarding UEM Group Policy.

Folder redirection is configured through UEM Console and Group Policy, not sure which one is working. what is the best practise to have Policies created.

should be from GP or UEM Console?

Thank You in Advance.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rabbani109,

Happy to hear that 'OR'ing your conditions did the trick!

As for using UEM or Group Policy, that's a bit of a personal preference, I'd say. The most important thing is to pick one over the other, rather than having a few settings here, and a few settings there.

0 Kudos