1) yes, this is a limitation of the current implementation
2) toplevel-X are relation names for relations between namespace and root types (root type is a type that appears as a parent type in a relation and doesn't appear as a child type in another relation)
3) I recall there was a bug related to dynamic types' updates not being reflected in the UI, which is supposedly fixed in the latest plug-in builds. Which versions of vRO and DT plug-in do you use?
2. OK thanks for clarifiction. Wrt. relations I made a mistake by making an object related to itself (by a buggy Find Relation flow), so the UI showed it as a child of itself. Obviously I did not (and could not) define a relation on a type to itself but I could still see this as a parent-child relationship in the Inventory. Does that mean I do not necessarily need to define a relation in order to relate objects?
3. This is embedded vRO in vRA appliance 7.5.
Version is 7.5.0 (Build number: 10044239). Plugin version is 126.96.36.19979503
You'll need DT plug-in build# 10168028 or 12839242 (this one is bundled with recently released vRO 7.6).
If you don't have access to this build, I can upload here in the community forum.