VMware Horizon Community
Quggin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Running Instant Clone Post-synchronization script as admin

Hey all-

I have an Instant Clone pool I set up on Horizon 7.5.1 for a set of Windows 10 (1809) systems. I have a simple Post-synchronization batch file set up in the Guest Customization tab designed to set static IP addresses to these systems. It's a simple "IF %computername%=XXXXXXXXX NETSH set ip static......" which reads the computer name of the Instant Clone and if it matches one in the list, it configures the IP address to the parameters I have set.

This worked fine in previous versions of Windows 10, but no longer works now. The issue appears to be the context the batch file is running as. If I log on to one of the created Instant Clones, open a command prompt and run the batch file, nothing changes. If I run the command prompt as Administrator and then run the batch file, the IP address gets set to my desired settings.

My question is: What 'Post-synchronization script parameters:' do I need to set to ensure the batch file gets run as Administrator?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Quggin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I literally have done nothing except restart two of the systems that timed out during provisioning, and now they are picking up the static IP addresses I assigned in the script. No other changes to the master image or script or anything. Just restarted. And it works.

Sometimes I hate computers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Quggin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I literally have done nothing except restart two of the systems that timed out during provisioning, and now they are picking up the static IP addresses I assigned in the script. No other changes to the master image or script or anything. Just restarted. And it works.

Sometimes I hate computers.

0 Kudos