VMware Communities
CyroFlo
Contributor
Contributor

Cant install OS on my VMware Workstation

Hello Guys,

I Installed on my Main System a new Windows 10 OS ( with buyed key nothing is cracked! ), before i did this i used VMware daily and never had any Problems with it. Now it tells me ( after i choosed an iso ) that no OS is installed. When i choose to Install an OS later it says " vmware cannot connect the virtual device sata 0:1 " .

I tryed a Windows 10 Iso + Windows 7 Iso, other Install Places and Google didnt Helped me.

Have someone a tip what i can do?

friendly regards

(when i open a old VM it opens perfectly and i can use it normally, my prob is the creation of a new one)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

When i choose to Install an OS later it says " vmware cannot connect the virtual device sata 0:1 "

I assume you get this error message, when you try to attach the ISO to the already created VM!?

What you may try as a workaround is to create the VM with "I will install to OS later". Then open the VM's settings, delete the virtual CD-ROM drive, and add a new "IDE" CD-ROM drive.

André

0 Kudos
CyroFlo
Contributor
Contributor

I tryed ur solution, but it dont help me with my prob. Smiley Sad

I created an VM without OS and added it after, when i now start the VM i get this Error Screen.

Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please attach the VM's configuration (.vmx) file as well as its vmware.log file to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos
CyroFlo
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please try this:

• open the VMs setting
  • delete/remove both CD-ROM drives (sata + ide)
  • save the VM's settings
  • open the VM's settings again
  • add a new IDE CD-ROM drive, and attach the ISO image to it (do not enable "Connect at power on" yet")
  • save the VM's settings
  • power on the VM (if it powers on, it will likely try to PXE boot)
  • set its virtual CD-ROM drive to "Connected"
  • reboot the VM by pressing "CTRL-ALT + INS"

André

0 Kudos
CyroFlo
Contributor
Contributor

Did everything like u said but i end up in the Boot Manager.

3.jpg

Unbenannt4.jpg

Unbenannt5.jpg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you confirm that you have a bootable ISO image?

Did you "warm boot" (CRTL-ALT INS) the VM after connecting the ISO, i.e. not a cold boot/reset?

Please attach the VM's current .vmx, and .log file again.

André

Note: There's an Attach link in the lower right corner of the reply box. Please use this to attach the files.

0 Kudos
CyroFlo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes 2 Days before i did with this .iso an fresh Install on my Main System ( Created with the Windows Media Tool )

Yes i did it like u said in ur post.

and sry i didnt know about the Attach function Smiley Sad

0 Kudos