VMware Cloud Community
cmhippy
Contributor
Contributor

HCX related - remove VM from Disaster Recovery (Remove Protection) with tunnel down

I need to remove protection from a number of VMs in HCX.  There is no connection to our cloud DC, for now.

Is there a manual way to do this via CLI?  I can't use vSphere to do this because it is relying on the tunnel to be up.

In the mean time, I can't expand any VM (HCX Protected) disks.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mjha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey did you tried via API

pastedImage_0.png

I am not sure if this will work or not as you have lost connection to HCX cloud, but worth giving it a try

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Manish Jha | Operations Support Engineer | vCloud Air Operations vExpert 2015-17 | vExpert-NSX | vExpert-Cloud | VCAP6-DCV | VCP6-DCV | RHCE-7 Website : http://vstellar.com
0 Kudos
cmhippy
Contributor
Contributor

Manish,

First of all, thanks for the quick response.  Second, sorry for the very late reply.

I do have a couple questions though.

In my case, do I select HCX Cloud (For vCenter) or HCX Enterprise?

After I choose the correct option, let's say I want to Pause, first.  Do I select the Post /hybridity/api/replications?action=pause ?

Then Try it Out ?

Where do I enter the VM's name?  It seems like something is required (in red).  Or will this API attempt to Pause everything?

Also, in the Example Value Model, I see "forcePowerOff": true.  Is this API going to power off the VM at some point?  Can't have that happen.

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos