VMware Cloud Community
ITVisionIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA 6.7 w/Embedded PSC - 4 Sites - Embedded Lnked-Mode

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up 4 VCSAs with embedded PSC and need some assistance on the order of operation.

1.  I have deployed the first VCSA w/Embedded PSC for Site A.

2.  While deploying the second VCSA w/Embedded PSC (site B) I select "Join an Existing SSO domain" and inputted the EPC from site A.  I noticed I do not have any options to input a name for site B.  Embedded-Linked Mode seem to work as expected, however the site name for site B appeared to default to "Default-First-Site".  Not sure why I am not getting the option in the GUI to name this site?

3.  Now I need to deploy two more VCSA.  One for Site C and One for Site D.  When deploying these VCSA, when I select the option to "Join an existing SSO Domain" do I input the name of the embedded PSC for site B or point it to site B?  Same when I do site D...do I point to site C or point back up to Site A?

Greatly appreciate any input you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jdscavo
Contributor
Contributor

I think I'm in the same boat. Where in the stage 2 wizard is the SSO site settings on an embedded set up? The SSO site setting IS available when setting up a stand alone PSC.

According to vsphere-vcenter-server-671-installation-guide.pdf, all references to installing a PSC (embedded or stand alone) say to make sure to set the first SSO site to default-first-site. Problem is all three references to SSO setup say to create the first SSO with the site named default-first-site, but no site name setting is available:

Page 52 (embedded install), step C, Create a new Single Sign-On domain:

c Enter the site name for vCenter Single Sign-On.

The site name is important if you are using vCenter Single Sign-On in multiple locations. Choose your own name for the vCenter Single Sign-On site. You cannot change the name after installation.

The supported characters are alphanumeric characters and dash (-).

Note! When setting up an embedded linked mode, use

Default-First-Site as the site name for the first instance.

I don't see where the stage 2 setup wizard on an embedded installation ever allows the  SSO site name to be set? Can't find it for setting up a new SSO or trying to bind to an existing SSO.

So I was curious what the SSO site name is on the first SSO, since there is no place to enter it. I think this is the command I ran on the first embedded PSC to see the site name:

# /usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vmafd-cli get-site-name --server-name embeddedfqdn

returns this info:

default-site

I'm guessing as more linked PSCs are added, the wizard SSO site is set by default to the default-first-site since they always fail to connect as noted in the OP?  I see plenty of references to older VCSA installers that show the SSO site settings. The SSO site setting is just not available on an embedded installation with the installer on VMware-VCSA-all-6.7.0-10244745.iso. Maybe something isn't quite right with this part of the wizard?

Kind of stuck. Any help?

0 Kudos