VMware Support Community
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Support Engineer Not Receiving Log Bundle

I attempted to use the Skyline log transfer feature over the weekend - seemed to go really well - nice interface, associated with an open case, got email confirmation etc - but the support engineer claims not to have received the bundle - saying "I'm honestly not sure it's a newer product that I do not support"

Is GSS fully onboard with Skyline?  Seems there's a disconnect here.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

We checked the SR and found that the Log bundle was uploaded successfully to the SFTP. The case was not auto-updated with a notification and because of which, the Engineer informed you that the Logs were not uploaded.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We'll work with the concerned team to fix the notification.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand that you have used log assist feature to upload the logs to the SR and got a feedback from the engineer that logs were not attached to the SR.I request you to share the required details using the below link to proceed further.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9e31b64730f2419ba2aa50f6c72e66a3

Please mention the SR number on the comments section so we can check with corresponding engineer.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the information.We will investigate and update you the findings.

Regards,

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

0 Kudos
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

We checked the SR and found that the Log bundle was uploaded successfully to the SFTP. The case was not auto-updated with a notification and because of which, the Engineer informed you that the Logs were not uploaded.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We'll work with the concerned team to fix the notification.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for following up - sounds like this should be a feature request to notify them in whatever way GSS are used to - I sent them confirmation of the log upload myself, but presumably they look for other indications.

Thanks.