VMware Cloud Community
swaheed1239
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SSO Error while upgrading Vcenter from 6.0 to 6.5 in windows with embedded PSC

Dear Community,

I am trying to upgrade our vcenter server on windows with embedded PSC from 6.0 to 6.5.

I am not able to proceed with the upgrade and I keep getting error message below:

"The remote vcenter SSO server is not reachable. Check the entered FQDN or IP address is correct, and the remote vcenter single sign on server is reachable on the specified port"

The vcenter has embedded PSC and SSO in the same machine.

Why is the upgrade process looking for SSO outside the machine when it is an embedded machine.

Any help in this regards will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's not looking for it outside the machine. If you're using embedded PSC you point it to the FQDN of the source vCenter.

0 Kudos
swaheed1239
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is not asking for any FQDN for me to enter. It is just asking for SSO credentials and when I am putting the credentials and proceeding it is giving me this error.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's nothing attached. Yes, you must use your internal SSO administrator's credentials, not credentials from an external identity source.

0 Kudos
swaheed1239
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

See the error attached. The first page is where I am entering the credentials and then when I am proceeding it is giving me the error.vcenter upgrade error 2.PNGvcenter upgrade error1.PNG

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

First of all, why are you even bothering with trying to upgrade a Windows vCenter to another Windows vCenter? This makes absolutely no sense given that Windows is now gone and a dead platform. You need to be getting on the appliance at this point.

0 Kudos