VMware Communities
Loopback92
Contributor
Contributor

[AVX2] Windows 10x64 Pro Host Windows 7 x64 Guest (WM WS 11)

Basically im trying to make some windows 7 x64 Virtual Machines and seems Amd-V Is failing?

This virtual machine requires AVX2 but AVX is not present. This virtual machine cannot be powered on.

I try to install virtual machines with 7.1 and 15.0.2 and worked witouth any problem. But i want to use 11 Due to im testing some things.

samIHSf.png

VMware Version:11.1.4 build-3848939

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700

Motherboard: asus prime x470 pro

Host OS:Windows 10 PRO , 64-bit  (Build 17763) 10.0.17763

Is Amd-V (SVM Mode in BIOS) Activated in my motherboard?: Yes

Hardware compatibility : 6.5.7x, it cannot be higher i need to use these specifically.

nX90yet.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hope the name of that VM does not mean what it looks like ....
Anyway - we need to see a vmware.log from a start with the current config to check your vmx-file parameters.

0 Kudos
Loopback92
Contributor
Contributor

continuum

I attached vmware logs here and in the first post

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look at this post: Virtualized performance counters are not supported on the host CPU type? (2017, Kaby Lake, MBP)

I have not seen the error message msg.cpuid.guestRequiresAVX2noAVX anywhere else

0 Kudos
Loopback92
Contributor
Contributor

continuum

sorry i do not understand whats going on, my CPU has AVX and AVX2 suppport then why i cannot use workstation 11 for virtualize windows 7 x64?

0 Kudos