VMware Communities
Rickaard
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 15.0.2 - Network Adapters keep changing from custom network to Bridged

Hello, I have newly installed Workstation 15.0.2 and have configured a few VM's. I have also configured a custom network VMnet3 and attempted to assign this network to the VM's. However, whenever the VM's are powered on/off the network settings for the adapters are automatically getting changed back to Bridged. The adapters for these VM's are not staying assigned to VMnet3. I've used previous versions of Workstation and can't say I've seen this behavior before. Thanks for any assistance on how to keep these VM's assigned to a custom network.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

We need to see your vmx-file and a screenshot of Virtual Network Editor (please make sure the relevant details are displayed in that screenshot )

0 Kudos
Rickaard
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the point in the right direction. I was able to resolve the issue by removing and re-adding the Network Adapter. Upon comparison, the vmx file for these VM's did not look like that of other VM's that were functioning properly. Thanks.

0 Kudos