VMware Cloud Community
rshellnet
Contributor
Contributor

Vswitch is not working, network connectivity between vitual machishes is broken.

I'm facing stange issue with esxi 6.7. i have one vm with 7 interfaces and another vm with 1 interface. Both VMs connected via dedicated vswitch (7th vswitch) and have no connection between.

When I reconnect VMs to another vswitch nothing works.

When I delete 7th vswitch and connect both machines to another vswitch everything is working.

When I don't delete 7th vswitch and connect virtual machines to another there is no network connection between the machines.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Without knowing any details about the guest operating system's network configuration, I'd guess that something with the 7-nic VM's network configuration (within the guest itself) may be causing this issue.

Did you already try to disable 6 of the 7 network interfaces to troubleshoot the issue?

André

0 Kudos
Buddhika01
Contributor
Contributor

Share your Network Configuration details. Better if you can upload screenshots.

0 Kudos
rshellnet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

One machine has 192.168.212.17/28 (FreeBSD) and another 192.168.212.20 (Windows 2016). Both have VMX3 adapters and Jumbo frames configured.

Tried to return to MTU 1500 but doesn't help.

Only when I delete 7nth vswitch and reconnect the VMs to another vswitch I have connectivity.

0 Kudos
rshellnet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

192.168.212.17/28 (FreeBSD) and 192.168.212.20/28 (Windows 2016). Take a look on my reply 3.

0 Kudos