1 person found this helpful
Forget "DRS" in first place.
To patch a Host it needs to go into Maintanence Mode which means no running VMs on it. So your VCSA needs to move and i see 3 solutions
1. Use svMotion to bring it onto the other Site
2. Add 3rd. Host to one Site and create a 2 node Cluster. You need a shared storage and can perform a normal vMotion to move VMs and VCSA around
3. Mix of both with mean add 3rd. Host as another standalone on one site and perform a svMotion
1 and 3 needs vSphere Standard because of svMotion. For 2. you need vSphere Essentials Plus or better because of vMotion.
About the replication...
1. VM replication with vSphere Replication(there is also SRM) or much better as part of must Backup Solutions something like Veeam Backup&Replication
2. Replication on Storage level with async. or sync. replication