VMware Cloud Community
MTJohnson
Contributor
Contributor

Custom properties not being assigned to VM's for users, but works fine when I deploy the same blueprint.

I need to pass several properties to a vRO workflow.  Some of them are custom properties.  I set 2 of them static depending on the blueprint, but one of them I let my users choose between several predefined values to select an SCCM patch window (defined in the property definition, and on the custom form).

I then have a subscription so every deployed VM sends the info to vRO.  This is all working great when I test it.  However, when any of my users deploy an item the SCCM custom property (xxx.pushGroup) is not sent to vRO.  Every other value does get sent.  xxx.pushGroup has the SCCM windows set in both the property definition (name is exact match, data type string, required, dropdown, static list), and on the custom forms. 

When I look at the properties of the user deployed VM's I do see the xxx.pushGroup property listed on the request input, but not the properties of the deployed VM.

Anyone have any idea why the custom property is set correctly on the VM's when I deploy, but not when my users do?  Especially as I can see it in the request inputs for the deployment.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of vRA is this?

0 Kudos
MTJohnson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running 7.5 and I believe HF3.  When I look at my patch history it's not showing it now.  But in looking that up for verification I see HF4 is released.  I wonder if the custom property issue resolved there is also what is affecting me.  I'll install HF4 tonight after main business hours.

0 Kudos