VMware Cloud Community
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

IaaS input field not enabled [vRA 7.3]

I have a custom property that prompts the user for a location (myLocationProperty) based on two other custom properties (myPropertyA and myPropertyB) using a vRO action. Logging in the vRO action indicates that the correct values are being passed and an appropriate value is returned in all cases.

(1) In a blueprint were both of these properties are visible in the IaaS request form the custom property 'myLocationProperty' is editable by the user.

(2) In another blueprint where one of the input properties 'myPropertyA' is visible and the other property 'myPropertyB' is not visible then 'myLocationProperty' is greyed-out and not editable. If I toggle the value in the visible property 'myPropertyA' then 'myLocationProperty' becomes editable.

(3) If I edit the blueprint in #2 and make the invisible property 'myPropertyB' visible then 'myLocationProperty' becomes editable when the IaaS page is first rendered. Meaning that the behavior is not dependent on the blueprint.

Q1) Has anyone else encountered this behavior?

Q2) Is there any solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I have not noticed this (but then again, I've not tried), but it's likely it was addressed in either 7.3.1 or 7.4. I'd open an SR to confirm.

0 Kudos