VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AutoDesk / AutoCAD - anyone get these apps to work ? thx.

Hi All ,

Just curious if anyone has had success pushing AutoDESK apps out on AppStacks ? 

We run about 4 different versions along with a 1000 individual addon's each user has for AutoCAD / Revit..etc.

Any idea if putting these in AppStacks works ok ?.. From the searches i find.. it sounds like login times are getting crazy high.  Im also not finding any premade UEM configs so that makes me think not a ton of people are putting this in an Appstack ( well... and also using UEM ).

Any idea if bad idea to put AutoCAD in an app stack and put each AutoCAD ver on gold images ? ( which wouldnt be fun ).

If i remember correctly AutoCAD is over 100gb.. to have that copy down each and every time a user logs into a CAD machine would create an immense amount of traffic imo .

we are 2.15 app vol / 9.5 UEM / 7.6 Horizon .

thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RCart832
Contributor
Contributor

We have gotten them to work, but we have experienced lag and slow load times in revit 2018 and autocad in vdi. Disabling hardware acceleration in revit, and some of the system>graphic properties in cad may help.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you are going to use this I would suggest goping with vGPU, otherwise don't try.

And yes, we have it working in VDI. AutoCad and Revit. Only thing is that you need to have a license server and concurrent licenses otherwise you end up with licensing issues because every time you log in your computer name changes.

0 Kudos
WombatMaster
Contributor
Contributor

ok, i have I licensing server, and i have concurrent licenses, and i cant get it to work.    what am i doing wrong?

running Nvidia grid vGPU

no matter what i try i get this error:

the license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed.  AutoCAD will shut down now

ASLSDK_STATUS_AUTH_PENDING

4:this product has not been registered with the licensing service yet

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I no longer have access to the AutoCad or Revit installation files with a licensing server unfortenately.

But installation was pretty stratightforward. Does it work if you just install it on the packaging machine? Seems like an installation error, not really the application delivery that is going wrong.

0 Kudos
black_knight03
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get it to work? I am trying to install revit2021 as an appstack and having the same issue where the program shuts down after launching saying the license manager is not functioning properly. And it is the appstack that is causing this because it first works once installed but once you finish the packaging it wont work after that.

0 Kudos