VMware Horizon Community
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Bypassing RTAV for a specific camera device.

We have a microfiche device that in order for the software on the virtual desktop to identify it, the device name must be a certain string. With RTAV, that device name appears as some generic VMware RTAV Webcamera or something.

How can I specify in registry or gpo that I want this specific pid\vid to pass through with USB redirection instead of RTAV?

peterbrown05

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Eric

Feels like a long time since we last chatted! Hope you are well!!

Since then, I have now moved teams and working as part of the Cloud Foundation Team... so my knowledge of the latest updates around USB and RTAV is limited. Hopefully someone else on that team can provide comment.

That said, RTAV will redirect the device automatically if it is left local on the client side. if you want to redirect using USB then simply redirect it using USB (Rtav doesnt use USB)...  but explicitly redirect the device using USB should work.

i dont recall if its possible to rename the device name for the rtav virtual camera - i dont think so. As such usb might be the best option for you

cheers

peterb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Eric

Feels like a long time since we last chatted! Hope you are well!!

Since then, I have now moved teams and working as part of the Cloud Foundation Team... so my knowledge of the latest updates around USB and RTAV is limited. Hopefully someone else on that team can provide comment.

That said, RTAV will redirect the device automatically if it is left local on the client side. if you want to redirect using USB then simply redirect it using USB (Rtav doesnt use USB)...  but explicitly redirect the device using USB should work.

i dont recall if its possible to rename the device name for the rtav virtual camera - i dont think so. As such usb might be the best option for you

cheers

peterb

0 Kudos
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am well, thanks for asking Peter. I'll give that a go. Cheers!

0 Kudos