VMware Horizon Community
matthewgONCU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Log off script not working for new UEM deployment

I'm trying to deploy UEM for a new Horizon environment to replace an old 6.0 with persona. So far, I've gotten everything configured how I'd like it within UEM (capturing the app data I want/need and printer mappings based off horizon client property). However the only thing that isn't working is actually archiving the data to the UEM share. I've got group policy configured how I believe it's supposed to be setup, but I can't get the log off script to run. However if I manually run the flexengine.exe -s it will archive the profile successfully. We are running Windows 10 1809 and when I couldn't figure out why it wasn't saving, I change the log off script to write to a text file:

"C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe" –s

rem Saved in c:\support\Text.txt

@echo off

@echo Testing log off script> c:\support\test.txt

I watched the file as the PC logged off and opened it and it had the Testing log off script in the text file, so the log off script it working, it's just the profile isn't archiving.

I've attached my GP settings for both user, and computer and a GPResult against the test user and VDI desktop. I've checked permissions on the GPO and the user has permissions.

Is the log off script the only want of archiving the UEM data? With persona, there was a GPO that told it how often to backup, but I don't see that as an option on the GPO.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matthewgONCU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out. I previously had the command in a batch file and it wasn't working. I just put the exe in the GPO with the -s parameter and it's working not.

itsworking.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
matthewgONCU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Forgot to post the logs. They are attached, but there is nothing logged at log off.

0 Kudos
matthewgONCU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out. I previously had the command in a batch file and it wasn't working. I just put the exe in the GPO with the -s parameter and it's working not.

itsworking.png

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi matthewgONCU,

Happy to see that you got this working!

"C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe" –s

If that was an exact copy of the command in your batch file (and you're using UEM 9.5 or older): that "dash" at the start of –s was the culprit. It's actually a so-called en dash, rather than a "standard" ASCII dash. That sometimes happens when you type a command line in an email or a Word document, where (similar to smart quotes) it gets "prettified" but breaks the actual command...

From UEM 9.6, FlexEngine accepts a bunch of alternative dash-like and slash-like symbols (what Unicode calls confusables), including that en dash.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

• Are you indeed using UEM 9.5 or older?
  • Did you copy the command line you used from a VMware document? If so, could you point me to it so we can have it fixed?
matthewgONCU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe" –s was the command I used. I see that - is not the same however I was using 9.6. Odd that it still didn't work, but either way I got it working. And I set up  this log off script months ago but the printer mapping based on Horizon client property wasn't working on View 6.0, so we put UEM on hold until we got our new environment setup so I don't remember if I copy and pasted. However I did go back to the VMWare Doc here Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script and it's the correct -.

Thanks for your help! 

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi matthewgONCU,

Thank you for the additional information. I just double-checked that I did indeed make that "dash" change in 9.6; using your example, 9.5 complains about an invalid argument, and 9.6 correctly accepts it. Anyway, since you're on 9.6 that does not explain why it didn't work for you initially, so I guess we're back to "happy that it's working now" 🙂