I have fixed this before by restarting the SRM services and vCenter VMs at both sites but it seems like you have already tried it.
Can you confirm that the placeholder datastore is on the target (DR) site and configured in SRM as such?
one important thing for clusters is that the placeholder datastores must be visible to all hosts in the cluster or your DR_Placeholder_Vol should be visible to all hosts.
You can check this in Placeholder Datastores view -> Host/Cluster tab.
Hope this helps,
Hi Daniel, I can confirm that the datastore is visble in the cluster and from the host, at the moment we only have one host in the cluster. Will the licensing of the host be a problem at our DR as our production site has four host that are licensed with vsphere enterprise plus and configured with vSAN and at our dr site the one host is licensed as vsphere standard and is direct attached to a Dell/EMC compellent SAN.
1 person found this helpful
Thanks for assistance guys in the end i found out it was the vm hardware version that was a problem. On our protected site our hosts are running 6.7 and all the VMs are runing hardware version 14 but on our DR site our host was are running 6.5. After upgrading the host to 6.7 all the vm were able to be protected.