VMware Communities
libove
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Pro 15, Shared- Autostart is not starting

On Windows 10 Enterprise v1809, VMWare Workstation Pro 15 (15.0.2 build-10952284).

I have a VM guest under Shared VMs.

Under Configure VM Power Actions I have both boxes checked:

* Auto Start

* Auto Suspend

When I restart Windows (and log in as my normal non-admin console user), I do see the VMware icon in the task tray, but it does NOT autostart the VM.

As far as I can tell from documentation, FAQ, various forum threads, any VM that I have set as Shared, and with the VM Power Actions with the Auto Start box ticked, should run VMWare Workstation as a server and automatically start the Guest VM(s) under Shared VMs.

Right?

How may I diagnose/fix this so that my Guest VM under Shared VMs DOES indeed autostart at system boot time?

many thanks, and sorry for what really seems like it should be a FAQ, but it is a FAQ and I've done what the FAQ says... 😞

-Jay

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
libove
Contributor
Contributor

Correcting my own post.

VMWare IS starting up, and this VM Guest configured to auto-start IS starting.

Not sure why initially it didn't seem to be - I think it was taking far longer than expected; but now it seems to be working correctly, and quickly.

Apologies for the incorrect original post.

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Well, I found that this doesn't work. TIme ago I did the same but it didn't boot and I can't remember now the issue.
What I do to auto-start aVM is just, run a .bat script when I boot my W10.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos