VMware Communities
c7aesa7r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unsuported CPU

Im trying install vmware on friend computer but its pop up a msg saying unsupported cpu:

TeamViewer_2019-02-20_10-52-37.png

We need install vmware on her computer just to connect on my VMs by remote servers, there's no need to run any virtual machine on her pc, theres any workaround to get it installed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Unfortunately, you will need to run an older version of Workstation/Player.  Version 12.x still supports older CPU models.

0 Kudos
c7aesa7r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Her pc is old and its 32bits, i could find only vmware workstation version 9.x.x to support 32bits, you know if it can connect to remote servers?

0 Kudos
c7aesa7r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok so i installed vmware workstation 9 on her computer and trying connect on my server, but it pop up that message:

pastedImage_0.png

I can connect to my servers normally though others pc

Found that article:

VMware Knowledge Base

But i dont understand, should i add tls.protocols = "tls1.0" on the config.ini of pc hosting the server?

What tls.protocols are used by vmware workstation 9? I cant find anything about it..

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Looks like your only option is to use VNC, Teamviewer, Anydesk or RDP or  a thirdparty tool like the listed ones.

0 Kudos