VMware Cloud Community
JudgementDay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to view KB's in IE11

Hi,

I'm unble to view VMware KB's in IE11.

I can see the KB banner at the top of the page but the content is blank!

This must be a recent change/update. Nothing has been altered (as far as I know) in my IE settings.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure about the root cause yet, but you're not alone, and it's not the only browser that has this issue.

André

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In all seriousness, just stop using Internet Exploder. Honestly, almost every browser out there now is better, and most companies even supply alternatives.

0 Kudos
StephenMoll
Expert
Expert

'In all seriousness' Chip, not everyone has that flexibility. I use a laptop provided by the business IE.11 is the browser supplied as part of the build, and for many users here it can't be updated or an alternative used.

So whilst I agree that pretty much every other browser is better, it isn't always an option, especially in heavily controlled corporate IT environments. To be fair I did managed to get Chrome loaded, but only because I happened to have the privileges to do so, many of my colleagues are less fortunate. I recently sent a link to KB article to a Technical Authority to explain an issue, to be accused of sending useless empty links. It took me a while to work out what was happening, which lead me to this topic.