VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Enabling the Timing Profiler so Logon Segment details are displayed in the helpdesk tool

Hello all,

So I am trying to configure logon segements to display in the helpdesk tool.   Seems like this would be very helpful for troubleshooting logons.

However, I don't understand the which server the directions are referring to in the second command:

The KB states:

Enable the timing profiler on each Connection Server instance to view logon segments.

1.  Use the following vdmadmin command to enable the timing profiler on each Connection Server instance: vdmadmin -I -timingProfiler -enable

2.  Use the following vdmadmin command to enable the timing profiler on a Connection Server instance that uses a management port: vdmadmin -I -timingProfiler -enable -server {ip/server}

What server is it referring to that uses a management port?   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The wording is a little off.

Instead of logging into each of the connection servers and running vdmadmin -I -timingProfiler -enable, you can use -server to enable timing profiler on a remote connection server by specifying the IP address/server name. It uses the management port of the connection server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The wording is a little off.

Instead of logging into each of the connection servers and running vdmadmin -I -timingProfiler -enable, you can use -server to enable timing profiler on a remote connection server by specifying the IP address/server name. It uses the management port of the connection server.

0 Kudos