VMware Cloud Community
Eric3939
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter alarms

Can you comment on the alarms in the picture. how do I find why and what is the problem and What can be the solution way

thanks

8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Look in the Web Client in order to get more information and resolve them. Also, it'd help to take a few minutes and thoroughly read the post in my signature to learn how to make a better post.

Eric3939
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I looked at the web client but couldn't see or find anything. How can I find the exact cause? virtual machine cpu or memory usage comes to load this alarm or something else

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You need to look under Administration => System Configuration to see the state of the services referenced by those alarms.

0 Kudos
Eric3939
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I added details. I couldn't find the solution. I reboot 2-3 times vcenter server ( windows ) . we use vcenter server 6.0 u2 . any bug or ?

0 Kudos
Eric3939
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

do you have any comment ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I would say you need to upgrade and use the vCenter Server Appliance. Some of these are known issues with an early version of 6.0 and on Windows. Besides that, the Windows-based vCenter is now gone and the only future is on the appliance. Getting off the Windows 6.0 vCenter is the best thing you can do at this point.

0 Kudos
Eric3939
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Many thanks for your evaluation. Is there a document that might have problems like this? so I want to show it to my boss. I am using Vcenter 6.0 u2. How to update to 6.0u3 appliance version. I need to upgrade or install a new vCenter appliance? there is one vcenter but there are two clusters . one of them vsan cluster .the other one is normal vmware cluster

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You cannot go from the Windows vCenter of 6.0 to the vCSA of 6.0. Your option here is to upgrade to 6.5 and get on the appliance.

0 Kudos