7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2019 2:38 PM by msripada

Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)

anlyvm Novice

Hi, when I access vCenter via vSphere client (html5), I can access vSphere update manager as the server and client are

automatically installed. However, when I access the same vCenter via vSphere web client (flex), I cannot acess vSphere

update manager. The service is running, but the client plug in is not installed. I clicked "check for new client plug-ins",

and nothing happened. Is there anything I am missing or configuration that I need to enable? Thanks!

According to vsphere 6.7 document, "The Update Manager client plug-ins for the vSphere Client and the vSphere Web Client require no installation. "

So how to access vSphere update manager in flex client? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
          msripada Expert
          vExpert

It should be by default enabled. However if it is missing, we need to vsphere_client_virgo.log from /var/log/vmware/vsphere-ui/logs location to identify if there is an issue loading the plugin.

Kindly attach the logs please in your next reply

Thanks,

MS

• 2. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
            anlyvm Novice

Hi, thanks for your response. How do I attach file here? I guess I need to attach the file under vsphere-client/logs directory instead of vsphre-ui./logs directory, right?

• 3. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
              msripada Expert
              vExpert

yes, if you are having issues in flex then we need the vsphere-client logs.. sorry my bad on the location.

You can give a shot by trying the steps in below kb after taking snapshot of vcenter

VMware Knowledge Base

Thanks,

MS

• 4. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
                anlyvm Novice

Hi, msripada

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the log and didn't find similar wording. However, I did remove the caching data

following KB article. I still cannot see “update manager" showed in Home page. Thanks!

• 5. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
                  msripada Expert
                  vExpert

ok, can you share me the latest vsphere-client-virgo.log ..

Thanks,

MS

• 6. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
                    anlyvm Novice

Hi msripada,

Thank you! I found the attach function. Here is the log.

Thanks,

Hua

• 7. Re: Can not install vSphere update manager client plug in in vsphere web client (flex)
                      msripada Expert
                      vExpert

Thanks for the logs

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.426Z] [WARN ] ice-extension-mngr-pool-1347 70002211 100161 200005 c.vmware.vise.vim.directory.extensions.DirectoryExtensionManager  Detected an invalid signature for plugin: com.vmware.fallback.mixed:6.5.0 - com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.signing.PluginSignatureException: No META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry found in the plugin zip file.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.427Z] [INFO ] ice-extension-mngr-pool-1347 70002211 100161 200005 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.PackagesDeployer                 Could not resolve dependencies for plugins packages: [ com.vmware.fallback.mixed:6.5.0 requires: [ com.vmware.vsphere.client lessThan 6.0.2 ]; ]; 

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.428Z] [INFO ] plugin-validation1            com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.OsgiUsageValidationService       Started validation of OSGi bad practices.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.428Z] [INFO ] plugin-validation1            com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.OsgiUsageValidationService       OSGi validation skipped for plugin package com.vmware.fallback.mixed:6.5.0. It is not deployed.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.428Z] [INFO ] plugin-validation1            com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.OsgiUsageValidationService       Finished validation of OSGi bad practices.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.430Z] [WARN ] ice-extension-mngr-pool-1348 70002211 100161 200005 c.vmware.vise.vim.directory.extensions.DirectoryExtensionManager  Detected an invalid signature for plugin: com.vmware.vum.client:6.8.4.00000 - com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.signing.PluginSignatureException: The certificate common names (CN) [test] do not contain the expected one.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.430Z] [WARN ] ice-extension-mngr-pool-1348 70002211 100161 200005 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.PackageManifestParser            Plugin version mismatch for com.vmware.vum.client between the plugin registration info (6.8.4.00000)and the version specified in plugin-package.xml (6.8.2). The registration version will be used but you should keep them in sync.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.431Z] [ERROR] ice-extension-mngr-pool-1348 70002211 100161 200005 com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.PackagesDeployer                 Could not resolve dependencies for plugins packages: [ com.vmware.vum.client:6.8.4.00000 requires: [ com.vmware.vsphere.client.html greaterOrEqual 6.8.2 ]; ];

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.431Z] [INFO ] plugin-validation1            com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.OsgiUsageValidationService       Started validation of OSGi bad practices.

[2019-02-06T22:33:59.431Z] [INFO ] plugin-validation1            com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.OsgiUsageValidationService       OSGi validation skipped for plugin package com.vmware.vum.client:6.8.4.00000. It is not deployed.

I need to verify this same again but which plugin version has the registration which may not be compatible.

Can you try to re-register the VUM using the steps in below article and share the results

How do i reregister Update manager to my vcsa??

Note : Please take vcenter backup and snapshot before trying the above steps

Thanks,

MS