VMware Horizon Community
jooji_marsh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM advice - roaming profiles

Hi,

Im looking for some advice on a migration. Setting up a completely greenfield platform, new vsphere, new horizon even new AD.

My question is they're moving away from an existing AD domain where they're currently using roaming profiles to a brand new AD on the new platform. I need advice on the best way to get the roaming profiles for end users into a new UEM setup smoothly. Which could be quite easily possible if they were migrating to UEM/Horizon from the same AD domain, but they're not. The only way i can think is setup the UEM profiles and somehow manually copy data in?

thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

UEM captures setting in .zip files for applications you want it to capture. There isn't a good way to migrate users from roaming to UEM.

You have considered using folder redirection? that way you could copy the roaming profile data to folder redirection location.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi jooji_marsh,

First, I'd suggest to move this topic to the VMware User Environment Manager​ forum, as you probably get a bit more response over there.

UEM profile archives created in the existing environment should work just fine in the new environment. Some Windows settings might not work, maybe, depending on how big of an upgrade you're performing, but application preferences should make it over. The main obstacle in this would be the "brand new AD", I think: how will you map user permissions on the profile archive folders and the profile archives themselves from the old AD to the new one?

0 Kudos