VMware Communities
Nathan0987
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install Workstation Pro 15 in Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1809

Hi, I have an issue on my hands. I've been using VMware since June 2018 with Workstation 14. Then I upgraded to Workstation 15. A few months after that, I upgraded from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809 (April 2018 Update to October 2018 Update) I just recently factory-reset my computer due to issues with VMware speed and issues with my computer. It now runs nicely, but I tried to install Workstation Pro 15 on it. I wait a few minutes and I get an error that says "The Microsoft Runtime DLL has failed to install. Setup cannot continue" or something similar to that. Please help me I use VMware on a daily basis and I do not want to use VirtualBox (I used VirtualBox in the past and it was an awful experince) If someone can answer this soon that would be great. Thanks!

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please check whether "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributale" is installed.

If so, go to Add and Remove Programs and run Repair.

André

Nathan0987
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I got everything to work just fine, with Workstation 14, except for one other issue

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/605461

If someone can help me with this second issue, this is a very important issue. More info in the link.

0 Kudos
AdamForrester
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure your temp directory exists and has the correct permissions.  Go to a command prompt and type:

Set t

Look for "TEMP=" and  "TMP=" folder locations.  Make sure they exist and that you have full access permissions to them.

0 Kudos