VMware Cloud Community
lurims
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to show formatted text in Catalog run failure

I am running a catalog and it collects all errors occurred in the workflow and gets into a string variable and I show that in the VRO Workflow execution Error details as follows.

pastedImage_5.png

But I actually I want to show it as one error per line, something like

Error!!! bla bla bla...

Error!!! bla bla bla...

Error!!! bla bla bla...

I tried several characters like \n\p, <br>, no use, I see those characters too in the error output.  Any one has a clue to show as I need?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not on the Clarity team, but since you're using XaaS there is no Clarity UI for this yet in vRA (even in 7.5). I believe the default UI presentation is not multi-line aware and it will wrap. So, I think you don't have that option for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not 100% sure, but I suppose the problem here is that the corresponding UI control that renders the error details is probably not a multi-line text are control but a simple text box. But it would be better if someone from vRA UI team can clarify.

0 Kudos
lurims
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply iiliev  vRA UI team, any idea if this can be fixed/mediated some how?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not on the Clarity team, but since you're using XaaS there is no Clarity UI for this yet in vRA (even in 7.5). I believe the default UI presentation is not multi-line aware and it will wrap. So, I think you don't have that option for now.

0 Kudos
lurims
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks daphnissov for the reply.  What other types of data I can send as an error other than string?

0 Kudos