Have you used this account for system DSN for Composer DB?
did you also use the user/password for the events database?
Events DB only supports the SQL account that I know of but has to be something like that.
It works if you force it, some people do not like sql auth.
interesting! I didn't ever try!
Yeah, I am one of them not wanting to use SQL accounts if possible.
If the service account is truly only being used for Horizon then the locations you mentioned should cover it (vCenter, Composer and Domains). We recently saw something similar where we updated the service account password and Composer continue to use the old password. We followed Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381) and that resolved it.
When you remove and add the service account in View administrator > View configuration > Servers > vCenter Servers for vCenter and Composer, you should use the User Principal Name format of the account, for example:
Do not use the down-level logon name like DOMAINNAME\username.
I know this sounds ridiculous, but this tip was a recommendation from VMware support for a different issue, and helped me.
This is due to a rare bug in View 7.x.
Perhaps it can help you in this issue.
Issue not resolved.
1. This account only used in Horizon view environment and new password updated in View Admin page
2. Account used either EventDB nor Composer DB DSN.
3. Tried update user name with UPN format username@domain but issue not resolved.
4. Also tried clean reboot option but no luck
You need to track down what is locking out the service account. From the domain controllers you should be able to identify the IP. In the interim I would configure your service account to disable it from being locked out.