VMware Horizon Community
Shoorehpipi
Contributor
Contributor

All users are able to connect using the client except for one.

Hello VMware users,

I've got a small problem with the Horizon client but only on a single machine. Whenever I try to connect to the server using HTML access all goes well and there are no problems, however when connecting using the client on windows I get an authentication error. I've already tried disabling anti-virus software and disabling the firewall yet the machine still can't connect to the server. The machine is able to connect to a different server just fine however and other users do not experience the problem at all when connecting through the client. I've been trying for days to fix this issue but I just can't find a solution. We use RDS.

Has anyone had a similar issue or a fix for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Have you checked the client logs for any errors?

VMware Knowledge Base

Have you reinstalled the client?

Have you modified the "Access this computer from the network" in GPO. If so you need the connection servers listed.

Worse case: Try a different user account logged into that workstation. If that works then you will probably want to blow away the users profile.

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

also try the below:

1- if you have more than one connection server , try to connect to each one my its name or IP

2- try to change the client ip address and try to change the network port

3- check windows logs for errors along with horizon client

0 Kudos
Shoorehpipi
Contributor
Contributor

Different users seem to give the same result so that's quite the relief. I can access everything from a different network just fine, so its really odd that it wouldn't work on his machine. He eventually got a proxy error but no one else has any problems with it.

0 Kudos
lirick
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it blocked by Firewall? is the other Horizon Server can be connected from this client?

0 Kudos