VMware Cloud Community
vadm168
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrading VCSA 6.5U1 to VCSA 6.7U1 - Update Manager

Hi,

Evironment: VCSA 6.5U1 in HA with embedded PSC

I am reading through the docs on how to upgrade to 6.7U1 and notice one of the requirements for the source, ie VCSA 6.5 is:

Prerequisites for Upgrading the vCenter Server Appliance or Platform Services Controller Appliance

"If you are upgrading a vCenter Server Appliance that is configured with Update Manager, run the Migration Assistant on the source Update Manager machine."

Is this only for the Update Manager that is outside the VCSA? The same page provides a link on how to run the MA on the Update Manager but it refers to external Update Manager:

Download and Run VMware Migration Assistant on the Source Update Manager Machine

Since I have "all-in-one" configuration, I don't suppose I need to run the additional steps of MA on the "update manager"?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Those steps don't apply. The vCSA is self-contained and the upgrade of one vCSA 6.5 to 6.7 doesn't use the migration assistant.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Those steps don't apply. The vCSA is self-contained and the upgrade of one vCSA 6.5 to 6.7 doesn't use the migration assistant.

0 Kudos