VMware Horizon Community
thuytruong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Log for Management Console

Hi,

Are there any logs for the Management Console?  I was trying to add a new condition using OU to a logoff task.  When I clicked on Browse, I got the attached error so I was trying to find some ways to troubleshoot what that means.

Thanks,

Thuy

9 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi thuytruong,

That's not a very helpful error... Sorry about that. Unfortunately, the Management Console does not create a log file.

Which UEM version are you using?

0 Kudos
thuytruong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are using version 9.5.0832.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi thuytruong,

Can the primary domain controller be reached by the machine that the Management Console is running on?

0 Kudos
thuytruong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

We had one of our DCs went down for a few minutes, though I did not know that at the time of the error, so looks like that may have been the issue.  Is there a way to point UEM to a different DC if the problem comes up again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Look into the settings on this page I think it still applies. We did this to fix our vcenter once when it was windows.

Domain Controller Stickiness Prevention - The things that are better left unspoken

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi thuytruong,

It's not possible to point the Management Console to another DC, unfortunately. I'm not sure whether sjesse's suggestion about preventing DC stickiness would help, either...

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

@uemdev how does the console handle not seeing a DC, thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this. We had a dc go down and it broken app volumes once, and then randomly it started working and breaking every time it hit the dc. I'm wondering if that error is when it tries to pull the ldap structure out of AD in the browse button, since its blank, the management console panics and gives that error. Removing the stickiness should let it flow better in my understanding, also I've been told if you add all your DCs and order them that may help make one a better priority.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sjesse,

I think it's probably a bit different for App Volumes. In UEM we basically just ask Windows "what domain is this machine joined to?", followed by "give me a DC for that domain". That seems to work most of the time, but does not give us any control over the cases when it does not work...

thuytruong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sjesse​, will take a look and see if we can apply this, thanks!

0 Kudos