VMware Cloud Community
mla579
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hypervisor protection

Hi,

what are the solutions for hypervisor protection (malware, virus wise)?

What about TrendMicro DeepSecurity product for ESXi?

What other using for virtual infrastructure protection.

Currently OfficeScan in place on each VM, but I heard a lot about DeepSecurity efficiency and etc.

Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

give a try on VMware NSX solution.

NSX Data Center Technology Partners | VMware

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

give a try on VMware NSX solution.

NSX Data Center Technology Partners | VMware

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yeh the perfect solution now is the NSX with micro-segmentation and Guest/Network introspection.

Otherwise, there is some Agent/Agent-less solutions like McAfee MOVE, i have good experience with and also can be integrated with NSX Smiley Wink https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/assets/solution-briefs/sb-move-av-integrated-vmware-nsx.pdf

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
mla579
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the answers...

NSX is excellent thing for the security but in order to have this part, the whole approach to network communication devices must be changed.

And here the decision to stay with physical instead of virtual networking is on standby.

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

you can use NSX only for security and micro segmentation, and keep your physical network as it (Switching and Routing).

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm glad I could help You.

I recommend to get interested deeper in NSX solution, because it's tailored for modern virtualization environments and the main network and security hardware vendors are closely collaborating with VMware to get the best results.

Have nice day!

Regards
Radek

0 Kudos