VMware Support Community
alan_scott
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Cost & Cloud Services

I have read numerous documents that say skyline is a free product.  During the initial setup of skyline it takes me to vmware cloud services and prompts me to setup a new organization.  It tells me to “be careful to enter the correct address for the organization. This address will be used to calculate taxes and determine which currency the organization will use when paying for services.”  So my basic questions…

is this free or not? 

Is it free if I’m already paying for cloud services?

Are cloud services included in the production support agreement?

What are the cost for cloud services as it relates to skyline?

I am hesitant to create the organization without having an understanding of the potential cost.

I do have a current Production support agreement, but cannot get a straight answer from my vendor.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this has been answered numerous times.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Alan,

Welcome to communities.

VMware Skyline is aligned with Global Services offerings and is available at no additional cost to customers who have an active Production Support or Premier Services contract.

VMware Cloud Services Platform is designed to offer multiple services, hence there is a provision for billing, but Skyline is a free offering.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Alan,

Welcome to communities.

VMware Skyline is aligned with Global Services offerings and is available at no additional cost to customers who have an active Production Support or Premier Services contract.

VMware Cloud Services Platform is designed to offer multiple services, hence there is a provision for billing, but Skyline is a free offering.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos