VMware Cloud Community
FreddyFredFred
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCSA 6.7 backup doesn't always display previous jobs

I'm noticing that whenever i go into the VAMI (? the port 5480 interface) and check the backup activity to make sure everything is still working, I'm having a hard time getting the data to show up. I've got one VCSA with 164 backups listed (only keep a rolling 30 days on disk though) and it can take a few page refreshes and clicking on another section and then back on the backup section before it loads and I can see ths history to make sure everything is reporting as complete and working as expected.

Anyone else seeing this or know how to make it load successfully the first time?

2 Replies
JessOlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've also had this same problem. At first, it never seemed to occur, but the issue has been getting progressively worse. I used to be able to resolve it by hitting "Reload" after waiting for the Backup list to finish spinning, but now two of my three vCenters cannot load the list at all no matter what I do - it always appears blank. Rebooting the vCenter doesn't seem to have any effect.

All this being said, scheduled backups seem to be continuing when I look at the storage location. Who knows if they are any good, though, as I cannot see if the backup completed successfully or errored out (as it occasionally does).

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

can you check this VMware Knowledge Base