VMware Cloud Community
Gysh
Contributor
Contributor

Storage Sensor unknown ESXI 6.7U1

So i have this ESXI 6.7U1 on a lenovo X3650M5 that has a CPU Xeon E3-2660.

According to Stocli the raid is ServeRAID M5210 SAS/SATA Controller

The problem is that when i go to Monitor - > Hardware> Storage, everything is unknown, which creates issue in our monitoring software.

We rebooted the host, we ran a command call hardware sel clear and we made sure the Watchdog and CIM service is running

Please note that I am using the You are running Lenovo Customized Image ESXi6.7 Update 1 (based on ESXi 6.7 Vmkernel Release Build 10302608)

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Hi,

You have to upgrade firmware for all compnents installed in the server in corect order. I would start from Bios/UEFI, Management Module and then storage controller.

Match software versions to the server model You have.

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/pl/en/products/servers/system-x/system-x3650-m5/5462/downloads?...

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
Gysh
Contributor
Contributor

Updating those firmware dirrectly on the server? (aka not VIB on the vmware?)

0 Kudos
Gysh
Contributor
Contributor

Installing

• VMware vSphere Native Device Driver for Lenovo ThinkSystem RAID and ServeRAID
  • 20180822-vc
  • 07 Jan 2019

That is in the ESXI 6.7 section should fix?

0 Kudos
vmrale
Expert
Expert

Gysh,

read the appropriate Lenovo service manual describing in detail how to check/update firmware of the devices installed in your X3650M5 server. Then You have to match for each device installed (storage controller, NICs, HBAs etc.) the appropriate driver, published as a VIB and install it in ESXi hypervisor.

System x Information

The quickest way to match drivers to flashed/updated devices is to install ESXi from custom, preconfigured by Lenovo ESXi ISO.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U1-LENOVO&productId=742

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
Gysh
Contributor
Contributor

That’s the thing tho, as I said on my post

we alreadyninstalled esxi witH the Lenovo custom image

0 Kudos