VMware Communities
pedz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Web site frustration

I'm on the latest MacOS.  Its time for taxes which implies I need to fire up VMWare with Windows 7 so I can do my corporate taxes using MacInTax TurboTax for corporations.  I'm on version 8 of VMWare Fusion and thought... what the @#$%, lets update to the latest version.

First, to log into the site, requires two attempts.  The first attempt just gets you back to the exact same page as you were on before.  This has happened now half a dozen times so its not just a fluke.

Second, the site seems to know I bought version 8 but it won't let me update.  My guess is that I never registered it (even thought I bought it electronically).  Fine... lets go register it.

After getting lost in the web site, I finally Googled it and Google pointed me to the process I needed to follow ... go to this page, click this particular thing, etc.  Great.  Oh, but wait.  The web site says it sent me an email.  Lets check.

Yes!! There is it with a link to activate my account.  That's funny.  This account is countless years old.  Oh well, lets keep going.  Oh gee... the link doesn't seem to work.

Perhaps its Safari ... nope.  Firefox gets me to the same page:

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 8.59.33 AM.png

The email is from donotreply@vmware.com (with the name of The VMware Team).  Hmmm...

I've now piddled with this for a few hours -- last night and again this morning.  Perhaps I'll just stay on version 8.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't work for VMware and cannot tell you when the my.vmware.com site is fixed, or why it broke in the first place.

However if you want to upgrade to Fusion 11 and try it out, you can just download that version directly here:

Download VMware Fusion | VMware

It says "evaluation", but it is the EXACT same version as what you download after payment.

The difference is the license.

So you can install the evaluation, test it for up to 30 days and if you like it buy the license in the mean time.

Then register the license on the VMware Fusion version that you already installed.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't work for VMware and cannot tell you when the my.vmware.com site is fixed, or why it broke in the first place.

However if you want to upgrade to Fusion 11 and try it out, you can just download that version directly here:

Download VMware Fusion | VMware

It says "evaluation", but it is the EXACT same version as what you download after payment.

The difference is the license.

So you can install the evaluation, test it for up to 30 days and if you like it buy the license in the mean time.

Then register the license on the VMware Fusion version that you already installed.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos