VMware Communities
Obispal1
Contributor
Contributor

Documentation regarding how to control Host resources in 6.7 on standalone install.

I am new to this community so forgive my naivety.

I have used vmware ESXi going all the way back to 3.5.  I typically used the GUI to perform most tasks.  As time went on i started dabbling in more and more of the CLI.

I typically run standalone server install of ESXi.  Currently i have a install of esxi6.7 hp custom standalone on a DL380Gen8, and i use just the web gui to operate it.

Recently my var directory has completely run out of space thus creating a bunch of issues.

I read that you can expand its size to give some breathing room, but i cannot find an easy way of doing it via the CLI.

I also would like to not rebuild the system.

This is not a production system but for home use to learn as i am in the IT industry.

This is kind of an open question-

If you had a standalone install of esxi6.7 and your var partition was completely full , how would you expand it?

Just some things i noticed. 

The var partition is quite small from a default install , only 48m.

The hp smx-provider is quite large at 17.3mb by itself.

I can include all sorts of log info if you like.

Another thing to note, i tried to remove the smx-provider vib, but it appears i tried a few months ago to install the ghetto vcb vib and it got botched up.  When i do a force remove it states it si missing a tar disk. No such file or directory: '/tardisks/payload1.v00'

I tried to reinstall ghettovcb vib and it failed, i also tried to update it and it stated the payload was different.

VIBs virtuallyGhetto_bootbank_ghettoVCB_1.0.0-0.0.0 and virtuallyGhetto_bootbank_ghettoVCB_1.0.0-0.0.0 have unequal values of the 'payloads' attribute: '[payload1: 19.140 KB]' != '[payload1: 18.987 KB]'

Is there a way to forcibly or manually remove a vib that is corrupt?

For any that read this thank you, for any that reply thank you even more.

0 Kudos
0 Replies