Hi, Strange behaviour with our EVGA tera1 zero clients. I have followed all the relevant documents on enabling TLS1.0 and had the following results which I hope someone can help with.
I have several hosts running Vsphere 5.5 u3 and View 6.02. I want to upgrade this to esx 6.5 and View 7.x so I removed all current VMS from one of my hosts (still on 5.5), then installed a 2008 r2 server with View composer 7.4, a VCSA V6.5 and another Win server with View Connection server 7.4. I then took one of my golden images across and updated it to View Agent 7.4 and created a linked clone VM. After adding registry entries for Pcoip.ssl_protocols in the linked clone and pcoip.ssl_Cipher_list in the linked clone, and the SSLprotcol and SSLcipherlist registry entires in the connection server I managed to connect to the VM using one of my zero clients. I tested this several times after rebooting etc. and it worked every time.
I then decided to see if I could get it to work with View 7.7 so I snapshott'd both the connection server and composer server then upgraded both to 7.7. When I tried to connect the tera1 wouldn't connect to the connection server. I then tried reverting back to the snapshotted V7.4 composer and connection server. This time I could connect to the connection server, but when I tried to login to the machine I got 'Session Negotiation Failed. Client may not be compatible with the host session negotiation cipher setting'. I have tried deleting and recreating the VCSA, uninstalling View Composer and connection server. Still the same.
Finally I have started completely from scratch on the test host. Loaded esx 6.5, Created a new VCSA, built a new 2008 R2 server and loaded 7.2 composer, ditto with 7.21 connection server, reverted back to the golden image with the 6.02 agent, uninstalled and installed 7.1 agent and added the pcoip.ssl_protocol lines then composed a new VM. I still get the Session negotiation failed.!
Is there anything that 7.7 might have done / added to the AD controller or something on the rest of my original network machines that has stopped this working suddenly (the live V6.02 view linked clones are still working with no issues on the 6.02 view vcenter, composer and connection server)
Hopefully someone can help as I have 60 users all using tera1 machines.