VMware Communities
une89
Contributor
Contributor

EFI VMware attempting to start........unsuccessful.

vmware-x.PNG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome. Please take a moment to read the post in my signature below and then respond.

0 Kudos
une89
Contributor
Contributor

ok,danke schön das ware mir nicht bewust!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

this looks like you've created a new virtual machine, but did not install an operating system yet!?

In this case you may use a Windows 10 installation ISO image, attach it to the VM's virtual CD-ROM drive, and enable "Connect at power on".

André

0 Kudos
une89
Contributor
Contributor

thank you, but still not working!!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In this case please explain what you did so far, and which Windows 10 ISO image (original file name) you are using to install the VM.

Please note that the "windows.iso" that comes with VMware Player does not contain the Windows setup, but only the VMware Tools (i.e. VMware related drivers, and tools)

André

0 Kudos
une89
Contributor
Contributor

I have installed the windows Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel(Version:2.0.1.1, FileName:winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe).

And I am using VMware Workstation 15 Player on my hp Omen (notebook 15).

I have followed your instruction but the virtual machine still won't start.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

I have installed the windows Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel(Version:2.0.1.1, FileName:winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe).

No idea what that is at all.  What ISO image / OS Installation disc are you using?

Attach your vmx config file for this virtual machine.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have a Windows 10 operating system installation image?

André

0 Kudos
padamvali
Contributor
Contributor

So  i downloaded ISO File in my  C drive and uploaded it

And still when i start i have a Same Problem And error EFI Network

Please Suggest

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... and uploaded it

You uploaded it? To what?

The message is not an error per se, but shows up if no other bootable device is detected. Verify that the ISO image is bootable, and make sure "Connect at power on" is enabled in the VM's settings.

André

0 Kudos
Milodoc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In order to install windows 10 into your virtual machine you have to disable EFI in the VMware.

If you have VMware Pro, you can do that by going to Virtual Machine Settings, Options, Advanced and change EFI to BIOS.

If you have VMware player you have to modify your virtual machine file .vmx (located into your virtual machine folder) with a text editor such as notepad, than find the line called firmware="efi" and change efi to bios. e.g. firmare="bios". Save the file and power on the virtual machine again.