VMware Communities
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Can't suspend Win 10 VMs with Fusion 11.0.2

Hi,

since a few weeks I can't anymore suspend Win10 VMs. If I try to suspend a Win10 VM the progress bar appears and it seems to suspend the VM but then it stopped and the progress bar disappears and the VM is still active. The only way to is to shut down the Win10 VM  itself. Any idea?

Best regards

Lars

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
bfan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can VM be suspended with try suspend operation a few more times?  or you can try to re-install tools inside VM

0 Kudos
pfruth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LarsAnlauf

Do you have enough disk space available?
Reason I ask is - I just suspended my Win10 VM (the suspend succeeded).  I noticed that a .vmem file was created that is slightly larger in size than the memory size of my VM (4GB in my case).
So, although I would have expected some sort of error message if there wasn't enough free disk space, it might be possible your attempt to suspend the VM wasn't able to complete due to a shortage of disk space.

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have over 100 GB of free disk space on my MacBook Pro 2018 (1 TB SSD).

If I tried to suspend it a few times, but after the first attempt the VM screen flickers black a second and then the network connection got lost.

Some more ideas?

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstalling the VM Tools didn't help!

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Som additional Information: I use Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.2 on a German localization.

0 Kudos
bfan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I need logs to let our developer see what happens there. can you post the two files below,

'.vmx' file in VM bundle file and vmware-fusion.log in  ~/Library/Logs/VMware\ Fusion/.

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Please find attached the logfiles and the vmx file of the win10 vm.

Thank you in advance.

Lars

0 Kudos
bfan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We also needs Fusion UI log, /Users/xxx/Library/Logs/VMware\ Fusion/vmware-vmfusion.log.  thanks

0 Kudos
bfan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, my mistake, not vmx file, should be 'vmware.log' in VM bundle

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

here is the log from the win10 vm bundle.

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I found the UI log.

0 Kudos
LarsAnlauf
Contributor
Contributor

I still can't suspend Win10 VM's any idea?

0 Kudos