VMware Support Community
seamusobr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Trying to Upload files and attach to a SR

I wonder if somebody can help

I am trying to attach some log files to a sr from a host I have checked the permissions and they are all in place but am getting the error below

One of the reason for the Log Upload Failure can be due to Insufficient Privileges. Click here for more details. If you believe you have sufficient privileges on your Skyline service account, then please contact support.

• 5c2f407257211d00103428f4_ESX-VC-4173b49e-7fdf-46ed-8186-c2bdb6d0c5a7-unknown-host-1546601142659.tar.gz

Anyone know what could be causing this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to communities,

This error is observed only when the permissions is not assigned as per requirement to the user which was used to configure vCenter with Skyline.

Below mentioned is the steps that you would have to follow inorder to grant required permissions to the same user.

1. Login to the vSphere Client, as an Administrator.
  2. From the Home page, select the Roles option.
  3. Right-click the Read-Only role, and choose Clone.
  4. Give the new role an appropriate name, like Skyline.
  5. Right-click the newly named role (in our example, Skyline), and choose Edit Role.
  6. Expand the Global privilege.
  7. Select License, Diagnostics, Health, and Settings privileges.
  8. Click OK.

Make sure that this user is not part of any other group or roles which has a lower permissions level.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

Welcome to communities,

This error is observed only when the permissions is not assigned as per requirement to the user which was used to configure vCenter with Skyline.

Below mentioned is the steps that you would have to follow inorder to grant required permissions to the same user.

1. Login to the vSphere Client, as an Administrator.
  2. From the Home page, select the Roles option.
  3. Right-click the Read-Only role, and choose Clone.
  4. Give the new role an appropriate name, like Skyline.
  5. Right-click the newly named role (in our example, Skyline), and choose Edit Role.
  6. Expand the Global privilege.
  7. Select License, Diagnostics, Health, and Settings privileges.
  8. Click OK.

Make sure that this user is not part of any other group or roles which has a lower permissions level.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos
seamusobr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes tried all that and double checked the permissions were correct vcenter has registered itself correctly with the collector all 4 global permissions are in place with read only group

0 Kudos
seamusobr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have also logged into the vcenter using the skyline account and can confirm that I can export logs from the same server that skyline is using to export logs

0 Kudos
seamusobr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there something wrong with the backend as I have been monitoring the log on the collector and cannot see any command come down from vmware to initiate the log transfer?

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have sent a personal message where you could share the Company Details, So that we could test if we could initiate the LogTransfer.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
0 Kudos