Welcome to communities,
This error is observed only when the permissions is not assigned as per requirement to the user which was used to configure vCenter with Skyline.
Below mentioned is the steps that you would have to follow inorder to grant required permissions to the same user.
- Login to the vSphere Client, as an Administrator.
- From the Home page, select the Roles option.
- Right-click the Read-Only role, and choose Clone.
- Give the new role an appropriate name, like Skyline.
- Right-click the newly named role (in our example, Skyline), and choose Edit Role.
- Expand the Global privilege.
- Select License, Diagnostics, Health, and Settings privileges.
- Click OK.
Make sure that this user is not part of any other group or roles which has a lower permissions level.
Yes tried all that and double checked the permissions were correct vcenter has registered itself correctly with the collector all 4 global permissions are in place with read only group
I have also logged into the vcenter using the skyline account and can confirm that I can export logs from the same server that skyline is using to export logs
Is there something wrong with the backend as I have been monitoring the log on the collector and cannot see any command come down from vmware to initiate the log transfer?
I have sent a personal message where you could share the Company Details, So that we could test if we could initiate the LogTransfer.