VMware Horizon Community
yzzzd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hide RDSH C drive from published apps

Hi,

I am new to Published Apps and would like to know how to hide the server C drive from view whenever I try to save a file from my published app.

Can this possibly be done? I have already used the group policy on the server to hide the c: drive and d: drive from My Computer. But it's still visible when I click the save option in the app.

Appreciate to hear from anyone who have done this before. Thank you.

Regards,
Yazid-

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If the application doesn't use the native OpenFileDialog then the drive letters won't be hidden. Even if they are hidden, the end user can still browse to the C drive by manually typing it.

We restrict users from accessing the C drive by using the "Prevent access to drives from My Computer" group policy setting. Even if they can see it, they cannot access it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If the application doesn't use the native OpenFileDialog then the drive letters won't be hidden. Even if they are hidden, the end user can still browse to the C drive by manually typing it.

We restrict users from accessing the C drive by using the "Prevent access to drives from My Computer" group policy setting. Even if they can see it, they cannot access it.