VMware Cloud Community
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sql cluster

i have 6.5 u2 and i want to install ms sql 2017 always on architecture. we will use paravirtual disk and we will use shared rdm disk . is it possible ? I can't understand because the document is too complicated.Have sample experience or sample screenshots

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

GayathriS

That matrix only applies when connecting vCenter to a database (i.e., for Windows-based vCenter Server installations). It doesn't mean those databases are supported to run on vSphere. There is no such compatibility list for that

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

I dont see SQL 2017 listed under compatibility list for vcenter 6.5 U2 , which means it is not compatible.

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

pastedImage_1.png

I have selected VC U2 and SQL 2017 all enterprise express , standard which is not compatible

Please consider marking this answer as correct and helpful if this helps you.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think the question was wrong I will install sql 2017 into windows 2016 on vcenter 6.5 u2

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Even if you install or dont install the SQL version what you have mentioned is not compatible with Vcenter 6.5 U2 , you cannot use it .

Please consider marking this answer as correct and helpful if this helps you.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I will install sql 2017 into windows 2016 on vcenter 6.5 u2

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

GayathriS

That matrix only applies when connecting vCenter to a database (i.e., for Windows-based vCenter Server installations). It doesn't mean those databases are supported to run on vSphere. There is no such compatibility list for that

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

daphnissov​ , Here the question was : We will install sql 2017 into windows 2016 on vcenter 6.5 u2 .

Installation they can do however with vcenter 6.5 U2 will SQL 2017 work , I beilive the answer is no based on compatibility guide.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

He's not asking to use SQL 2017 as the database for vCenter; he's asking to run SQL 2017 on Windows hosted on top of vSphere in clustering mode. You're correct that SQL 2017 cannot serve as the database server for vCenter 6.5 U2, but that's not what OP is trying to do.

0 Kudos