VMware Edu & Cert Community
Navstar
Contributor
Contributor

IS it necessary to attend training course for VCP6.5-DCV?

Hi,

I am a working professional and i have hands on experience on vSphere 6.5 now my organisation wants me to complete VCP-DCV 6.5 certification.

I have 2 doubts.

1. From the below url it says i have to complete, point 2 : i have to complete foundation and pass related exam. My question, is training from authorised training partner mandatory?

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

2. from point 4: if training for DCV is mandatory, can i take the training form online VMware training portal (vmwarelearningzone.vmware.com/).

Library

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have to take the training - either in person. live online, or on demand.

The training provider has to be either VMware, a VMware Authorised Training Center (VATC), or a VMware IT Academy (VITA).

VATCs are commercial training companies such as Global Knowledge, VITAs are academic institutions such as Stanly CC.

VITAs often restrict their students to those paying for their own training, rather than it being paid for by an employer.

Learning Zone training does not meet the requirement for VCP.

The above combination of training consumption and providers still gives you many options.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos