VMware Cloud Community
Aiti2004
Contributor
Contributor

vcloud director appliance 9.5 setup question

Hi

I have deployed vcloud director appliance 9.5, which is the first cell.  When start the VM,  I cannot access web console , I checked the vmware-vcd service was active , and find in logs:

Missing required local configuration property: vcloud.cell.ip.primary.

As I know , In prev 9.5 , vcloud cell need two ip addresses. But it cannot add addition network when it was in deploying vcloud director appliance 9.5.

2 Replies
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you deploy the vCD appliance you need to set the guest VM properties for the ip address (as well as gateway, netmask, dns servers etc.) I believe there is/was an issue setting the VM properties in the vSphere H5 client so you may need to use the legacy client for this.

vCD 9.5 appliance uses a single IP address by default for both the https interface and the VMRC consoleproxy service (for VM console access - by default this is on port 8443).

paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Also, ensure you are using the Flex vSphere client to deploy. I've seen fields cut off using H5.

Last of all, it's not possible to add a secondary NIC to the appliance on this version. This is something that is slated for a future release.

0 Kudos