VMware Edu & Cert Community
ac427
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can i take the VCP exam before a VMware course, if my certification has lapsed ?

My VCP certification is due to expire soon.

If i let it lapse will i be able to sit a VCP exam before i sit a VMware course?

6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, anybody can do that - regardless of whether they have an expiring certification or have never held a VCP before.

But, you won't be a VCP til you've met all the requirements, including the course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ac427
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Scott, Is sitting a course and passing the VCP exam still the only requirements on becoming a VCP?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

There are actually two exams (Foundation + VCP) which you need to pass in addition to the course.

see VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

André

0 Kudos
ac427
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks André, So it is $250 now or $125 + $250 (Foundation exam + VCP exam) if i let it lapse.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No - it’s 1 exam now, otherwise it’s 2 exams plus a course (and you’ll never be able to claim you hold the expired cert)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
PiperBronner
Contributor
Contributor

I will also be taking this exam soon.

0 Kudos